Sites and Articles of Interest
- Dance Curriculum Designs by Brenda Pugh McCutchen: Resources for teaching dance and using dance in education.
- Action Based Learning: Jean Balydes's resources for kinesthetic learning.
- The BrainDance: Series of exercises by Anne Green Gilbert to jumpstart the brain.
- National Dance Education Organization (NDEO): Home base for dance educators in the United States.
- "Evidence": A report on the impact of dance in the K-12 Setting.
- Math Dance: Dance company, co-directed by Karl Schaffer and Erik Stern, that teaches math concepts through movement.
- Smart Moves: Why Learning is Not All in Your Head by Carla Hannaford Ph.D.: Great book on movement's crucial role in learning.
- Brain Gym: Simple Activities for Whole Brain Learning by Paul E. Dennison and Gail E. Dennison